About Changsha Medical University
Changsha Medical University, formerly known as South Hunan Health Vocational School, was founded in 1989 by Mr. He Bin sheng. In 1999, it was upgraded to South Hunan Medical College and in 2005 it was upgraded to Changsha Medical University by the Ministry of Education. It is situated in Changsha, the capital of Hunan Province.
The university is under the jurisdiction of Hunan People's Government and the professional guidance of the Department of Public Health of the government. It is recognized by WHO (World Health Organization) and approved by PM&DC (Pakistan Medical & Dental Council) and welcomes students from all over the world.
The university offers 17 specialties for undergraduates and 7 for junior college students. There are more than 30,000 Chinese and international students studying at present. The university has more than 1597 teachers, of which 835 are with associate or full professor's academic titles and 4 are from USA, UK and Mexico.
The university has one constructing program of provincial level key discipline, one demonstration laboratory at the provincial level, 2 key specialties at the provincial level, 2 provincial level excellent courses and 4 qualified laboratories for foundation courses at the provincial level. The university was granted as a supporting institution for National Natural Science Foundation and National Social Science Foundation projects in 2008.