About this course
This program prepares students to work in various areas of accounting including financial accounting, managerial accounting, taxation, financial management and auditing. The curriculum provides graduates with a broad business background with courses in management, economics, law, finance, and statistics. Graduates of this program are proficient in various accounting, income tax, and spreadsheet software packages. To gain experience, qualifying students also participate in a field placement.
- Third year field placements for qualifying students.
- Transfer agreements with several universities.
- Opportunity for qualifying graduates to complete a B. Comm. from Nipissing University on the St. Clair College campus.
- Canada & USA: High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- British education system: General Certificate of Education showing passes in six (6) academic subjects (including English) at the Ordinary level.
- Caribbean countries (English): High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
- West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc.): WAEC (or NECO) transcript with online verifying scratch card number and PIN required.
- South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc.): High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript. IELTS 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0, or TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) score of 500, or internet-based test (iBT) score of 61, or computer-based test (CBT) score of 173.
- Other regions (English proficiency test required)
- High school diploma/graduation certificate and transcript or equivalent in original language and English translation.
English proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL iBT 61 with no band lower than 15, or PBT score of 500, or CBT score of 173 / IELTS 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0