About this course
UOW's Faculty of Business aims to inspire socially innovative commerce, linking business innovation across private, non-profit and government sectors for the collective wealth and well being of our planet. This principle is underpinned by an understanding of genuine corporate social responsibility, environmental sustainability, personal and business ethics, and human rights. The Faculty has a strong reputation within Australia and overseas for the quality of its teaching and research, a reputation that is reflected in the business community's demand for our graduates. Programs are designed to provide the analytical, strategic and leadership expertise needed in today's business world.
- An Honours Bachelor degree in an appropriate discipline at Class II Division 2 or higher or appropriate Master of Philosophy with a strong thesis performance.
1. Special Admission Requirements
All applicants for research degrees must submit a written (preferably typed) proposal as part of their application. This proposal should:
- commence with a statement detailing any previous research or project experience you have undertaken, including if possible a copy of the abstract of such work;
- contain, in no more than one additional page, a clearly focussed research proposal for the study you would wish to undertake throughout your registration in the course; and
- conclude with a statement of your motivation for wanting to undertake the research course.
2. English Requirements
- IELTS Academic: Overall Score of 6.5 (Reading: 6.0, Writing: 6.0, Listening: 6.0, Speaking: 6.0)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): Overall Score of 88 (Reading: 18, Writing: 18, Listening: 18, Speaking: 18)
- UOW College: English for Tertiary Studies: Credit (weighted average mark of 65)