About this course
The Doctor of Creative Arts (DCA) is for students with a high level of professional experience who wish to extend their practice within a scholarly context. As a Creative Arts student you will have opportunities to work and study with artists and media practitioners in a vibrant research culture with significant opportunity for interdisciplinary and cross-art form collaboration. The modern studios, performance spaces and galleries provide an inspiring work environment showcasing the work of students as well as hosting Australian and international exhibitions and performances. The Artist in Residence program will expose you to the work of Australian artists and colleagues from around the globe.
- An Honours Bachelor degree of at least 4 years' duration in an appropriate discipline at Class II, Division 1, or higher (or its equivalent) and demonstrated evidence of high artistic attainment.
- Examples of high artistic attainment include publication or professional dissemination of work; grants, fellowships and prizes; critical acclaim; a track record of sustained high level professional activity; and various indicators relevant to the specific discipline.
- In some circumstances, students may be required to commence their enrollment in the Master of Philosophy and seek transfer to the DCA when, and if, they achieve a suitable standard.
- IELTS Academic: Overall Score of 7.0 (Reading: 6.5, Writing: 6.5, Listening: 6.5, Speaking: 6.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): Overall Score of 100 (Reading: 20, Writing: 20, Listening: 20, Speaking: 20)
- UOW College: English for Tertiary Studies: Distinction (weighted average mark of 75)