Doctoral Degree (PhD)
Total tuition fee (local)
Total tuition fee (foreign)
- An Honours Bachelor degree of at least 4 years' duration in an appropriate discipline at Class II, Division 1, or higher (or its equivalent) and demonstrated evidence of high artistic attainment.
- Examples of high artistic attainment include publication or professional dissemination of work; grants, fellowships and prizes; critical acclaim; a track record of sustained high level professional activity; and various indicators relevant to the specific discipline.
- In some circumstances, students may be required to commence their enrollment in the Master of Philosophy and seek transfer to the DCA when, and if, they achieve a suitable standard.
- IELTS Academic: Overall Score of 7.0 (Reading: 6.5, Writing: 6.5, Listening: 6.5, Speaking: 6.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): Overall Score of 100 (Reading: 20, Writing: 20, Listening: 20, Speaking: 20)
- UOW College: English for Tertiary Studies: Distinction (weighted average mark of 75)
- Print and Publication Design
- Web, Interactive Multimedia and Motion Design
- Graphic Design and New Media Theory
- Photography, Film, Video and Animation
- Software and Electronic Art
- Contemporary Media and New Media Theory
- 2D and 3D Studio Practice [photography, printmaking, textiles, painting and sculpture]
- Art History and Contemporary Theory [focussing particularly on issues of creative practice]
- Curatorial Theory and Practice
- Script Writing (film, television, theatre)
- Theories of Writing
- Digital and New Music
- Tuning Systems
- Dramaturgy and Performance Studies