About this course
If you want to pursue or enhance a career in jewellery, this Advanced Diploma is for you. Focusing predominantly on your hand-working skill base, you will learn technological aspects of making jewellery and gain industry knowledge and experience.
Hand-skilling competencies include:
- creation of jewellery items using historical techniques
- development of a series of works for jewellery production
- implementation of mechanisms in jewellery production
- creation of work for a graduate jewellery project
Competencies within the theory, design and drawing component include:
- professional jewellery design folio
- managing a small jewellery business
- planning and supervising a jewellery exhibition
*This course is offered at the Fairfield Campus.
- Academic: Australian Year 12 equivalency.
- English Language: Academic IELTS 5.5 overall with no individual band below 5.0, or equivalency.
- Other: Applicants are required to present a folio which includes pictures and/or drawings and a resumé of their interest and experience in the jewellery industry.
*Applicants with prior knowledge of technical terminology or design are preferred.