About this course
Become a key asset to any engineering design firm and upgrade your qualifications with the Civil Engineering stream of the Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology.
You will learn a range of advanced skills in this practically oriented course, including:
- how to use industry relevant computer software
- basic surveying
- basic welding and steelwork
- mathmatical computations and mechanics to design structural components
- mixing and testing of soils and concrete
- apply engineering and scientific principle in desiging
- analyse, diagnose, desing and execute judgments related to civil construction
- propose and brief on technical solutions and concepts
- manage complex projects on time and within budget
- manage a range of technical objectives
*This course is offered at the Preston & Epping & Heidelberg Campuses.
- Year 12/VCE studies or equivalent, including units in English and Mathematics.
- Mature age students (non-VCE) with relevant experience.