|Setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Melbourne Institute of Business and Technology
MIBT is located on 3 of Deakin University's Campuses; one is in Melbourne which is located on the south-east coast on a beautiful inland bay. Also, it is near to many of Victoria’s dramatic coastlines, desert lands, snowfields, countryside and mountains which all are an easy drive away. On the other hand, the other two other campuses are in Geelong, situated on the beautiful Corio Bay and Barwon River, less than one hour from central Melbourne by car or train. Listed below are some of the facilities offer to students.
- Computing Labs
- Eating Places
- Prayer rooms
- Sport and Recreation
- Medical Centre
(a) Burwood Residences Building
There are 400 rooms at Burwood Residences Building, Melbourne Burwood Campus are being provided for students. It is within walking distance of all the Campus facilities and is located opposite the MIBT building. Students can choose whether to stay in a fully appointed studio room including en-suite and fully equipped kitchenette or a shared accommodation featuring five or six bedrooms leading onto a large shared lounge, kitchen and dining area. Facilities include:
- Computer lab on the second floor
- study rooms on each floor (for private or group study and academic sessions)
- small lounges for residents to meet and socialise.
- a large resident common room (incorporating comfortable and flexible seating arrangements for relaxing/socialising)
- Pool tables, table tennis and kitchen facility), as well as a theatre/gaming room
- BBQ facilities
- purpose-built laundry
- personal storage
(b) International House
International House is located only 5 minute walk from MIBT Burwood Campus. International House provides students with a safe, secure townhouse and apartment style living. Facilities include:
- 24 hour broadband wireless internet
- Fully furnished, shared apartments including television with DVD player, shared bathrooms and kitchens
- Individual bedrooms with individual locks, beds, work benches, personal fridges and wardrobes, as well as telephones and internet points
- Recreational facilities; swimming pool, spa. gymnasium, TV lounge, table tennis, barbeque facilities
- Resident caretakers living on site
(c) Geelong Campus at Waurn Ponds
On-campus residential accommodation at the Geelong Campus at Waurn Ponds is available for students who study at Barton College, Deakin College and Watson House. Features of the student residences include:
- single bedrooms
- shared bathroom facilities
- shared kitchen-dining area
- fully furnished rooms
- kitchen equipment and utensils supplied
- laundry facilities provided
Homestay provides students with the opportunity to live with an Australian family and this choice is popular among students who arrive in Melbourne for the first time. Homestay is a good choice if students want to improve their English language and want to experience Australian life as well as culture. Homestay may be families, couples or single people.
Students may choose to rent an apartment or a house, either on their own or with friends. Most of the rental properties are not furnished completely and the cost of the rental does not include the payment of expenses (bills) such as gas and electricity. It is important for students to understand fully what is expected as a tenant and what rights and responsibilities they will have, as well as landlord.
There are a wide range of hostels and apartment style accommodations available for students to choose from. Most of the hostels/apartments offer single or shared fully furnished rooms.
Courses available 9Applied and Pure Sciences 1 Business and Management 3 Computer Science and IT 2 Engineering 2 Health and Medicine 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 1 Law 1 Mass Communication & Media 2
Be the first one!