About this course
Graduates of this program will also have the specialist knowledge required to understand and implement advanced software engineering techniques - design, implement and maintain IT systems using a well-informed software engineering approach and create high quality software in a systematic and efficient manner. Graduates may find employment in a wide range of industries including security and defence, education, aerospace, health, business and finance.
As a software engineer you will create, maintain and modify computer software as well as analyse current software products. You will also evaluate new programming tools and techniques.
- Understand the entire life cycle of software development
- Understand software engineering standards and why they are needed
- Appreciate the need for software engineering methodologies
- Understand the methods and techniques involved in designing, implementing and maintaining an information system, in particular using an object-oriented approach
- Analyse the causes of failure in information systems
- Completion of (at least) an undergraduate three year degree program, or equivalent from a recognised university
- Required proficiency in English. IELTS overall band score 6.0 with no band less than 6.0.