- Ranked 360 QS World University Rankings 2014
- Ranked 380 QS World University Rankings 2013
- Ranked 312 The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013-2014
- Ranked 310 The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2014-2015
- Ranked 324 QS World University Rankings 2015
|Setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
About Deakin University
Overall, the university has 4 faculties and 2 institutes for research purposes:
(a) Faculty of Arts and Education
- School of Communication and Creative Arts
- School of Education
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Centre for Citizenship, Development and Human Rights
- Centre for Partnerships and Projects in Education
- Cultural Heritage Centre for Asia and the Pacific
- Centre for Teaching and Learning Languages
(b) Faculty of Business and Law
- Deakin Graduate School of Business
- School of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- School of Information and Business Analytics
- School of Law
- School of Management and Marketing
(c) Faculty of Health
- School of Psychology
- School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
- School of Health and Social Development
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Medicine
(d) Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- School of Architecture and Built Environment
- School of Engineering
- School of Information Technology
- School of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Institute of Koorie Education
(f) Research institutes and centres
- Alfred Deakin Research Institute
- Institute for Frontier Materials (IFM)
Geelong Waurn Ponds
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus is situated on the western edge of Geelong. Geelong Waurn Ponds campus is easily accessible for the students with different kinds of transportation provided that includes train, coach, and public bus. Also, this campus is in a walk able distance for students who lived nearby the campus.
- Train : V/Line trains operate regularly between Southern Cross Station in Melbourne and Warrnambool, stopping at Geelong station or South Geelong station. Connecting buses are also available which started from these train stations to the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.
- Coach: V/Line coaches run from many regional centres, including the Great Ocean Road and Ballarat, to the Geelong city and Geelong station.
- Public bus: There are five bus services that started from Geelong CBD or railway station direct to the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus:
- Route 14 bus (Geelong City to Deakin University)
- Route 16 bus (Geelong City to Highton and Deakin University
- Route 18 bus (Geelong Railway Station to Deakin University)
- Route 19 bus (Geelong Railway Station to Marshall and Deakin University)
- Route 20 bus (Geelong Railway Station to Grovedale and Deakin University)
Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin's modern and cosmopolitan campus. The surroundings of this campus are boasts open and there are also inviting spaces for the students to socialise and study. The buildings of this campus are structured with an innovative architecture, spacious, and there are wireless hotspots available. Melbourne Burwood campus can be easily accessible for students with the varieties of transportation provided to them such as train, bus, and even bicycle.
- Train: The Melbourne Burwood Campus sits between the Lilydale/Belgrave, Glen Waverley and Alamein train lines.
- If traveling on the Lilydale/Belgrave line, hop off at Box Hill Railway Station and take the 732, 767, 281 or 768 bus to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- If traveling on the Glen Waverley line, hop off at Jordanville Station and take the 767 bus to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- If traveling on the Alamein line, hop off at either Hartwell or Burwood Station and take the 75 tram to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- Public bus: There are a few bus services that visit the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- Route 732 bus (Box Hill Station to Deakin University(Station Street) - Ferntree Gully)
- Route 767 bus (Box Hill Station to Deakin University(Burwood Highway) - Jordanville)
- Route 281 bus (Templestowe Village to Doncaster Shopping Town - Box Hill Station - Deakin University (Central Precinct - Building HF)
- Route 768 bus (Box Hill Station - Deakin University (Central Precinct - Building HF)
Warrnambool Campus is set on the banks of the breathtaking Hopkins River which is close to several local surf beaches and popular tourist attractions. This campus is located off the Prince Highway to the East side of Warrnambook CBD. The Warrnambool Campus has a friendly surroundings and also friendly community, with a personal and informal relationship among students and staff members. Warrnambool is easily access by several transportations such as train and bus.
- Train: Daily rail runs from few places like Melbourne, Geelong, Mt Gambier, Portland, Port Fairy, Ballarat and Hamilton. This service connects with public transport to other regional and interstate centres. Sherwood Park train station is located outside the Warrnambool Campus.
- Public bus: Take route 3 from Koroit Street Interchange to Deakin University via Gateway Plaza about 20 minutes.
Deakin University offers both On and Off campus accommodations for the students. As for the On campus accommodation, the university provides safe and comfortable places for the students to live during their studying session. Each of the university’s campus have their own accommodation. On the other hand, Off campus accommodation are also provided for the students according to their preferences and situations. There are many housings located near to the campus for the students' conveniences.
Geelong Waurn Ponds residences consist of 3 types; Bartoon College, Deakin College, and the new studio apartment. Geelong Waurn Ponds residences may provide accommodation for 790 students only. The rooms are well furnished and each building has their own lounge areas, kitchens, and bathrooms. Geelong Waurn Ponds also provide facilities for the disable students.
Melbourne Burwood residences provide single room accommodation for only 200 students. Also, students may live in a mixed gender and multi-cultural environment. The accommodation provides good facilities such as lounge, kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. Kitchen was prepared for the students with complete sets of basic cooking utensils for the students’ conveniences. In addition, special facilities for the disables are also provided.
Warrnambool campus can accommodate 342 students in both co-educational and multi-cultural environments. Each resident’s room have comfortable bedroom and all buildings have their own lounge, kitchen, bathroom, and laundry facilities. Warrnambool consists of Bruce Morris Terrace, Sherwood House, Sherwood House II, Tuuram House, Wally Crowe Court, and the Wally Crowe Court Mansions
Courses available 10Creative Arts & Design 1 Engineering 3 English Language 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 2 Law 2 Mass Communication & Media 4
Be the first one!