Overall, the university has 4 faculties and 2 institutes for research purposes:
(a) Faculty of Arts and Education
- School of Communication and Creative Arts
- School of Education
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Centre for Citizenship, Development and Human Rights
- Centre for Partnerships and Projects in Education
- Cultural Heritage Centre for Asia and the Pacific
- Centre for Teaching and Learning Languages
(b) Faculty of Business and Law
- Deakin Graduate School of Business
- School of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- School of Information and Business Analytics
- School of Law
- School of Management and Marketing
(c) Faculty of Health
- School of Psychology
- School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
- School of Health and Social Development
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Medicine
(d) Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- School of Architecture and Built Environment
- School of Engineering
- School of Information Technology
- School of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Institute of Koorie Education
(f) Research institutes and centres
- Alfred Deakin Research Institute
- Institute for Frontier Materials (IFM)
Geelong Waurn Ponds
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus can be located on the western edge of Geelong. Geelong Waurn Ponds campus is easily accessible for students with different kinds of transportation provided which include train, coach, and public bus. Also, this campus is within walking distance for students who live near to the campus.
- Train : V/Line trains operate regularly between Southern Cross Station in Melbourne and Warrnambool, stopping at Geelong station or South Geelong station. Connecting buses are also available which started from these train stations to the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.
- Coach: V/Line coaches run from many regional centres, including the Great Ocean Road and Ballarat, to the Geelong city and Geelong station.
- Public bus: There are five bus services that started from Geelong CBD or railway station direct to the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus:
- Route 14 bus (Geelong City to Deakin University)
- Route 16 bus (Geelong City to Highton and Deakin University
- Route 18 bus (Geelong Railway Station to Deakin University)
- Route 19 bus (Geelong Railway Station to Marshall and Deakin University)
- Route 20 bus (Geelong Railway Station to Grovedale and Deakin University)
Melbourne Burwood Campus is a modern and cosmopolitan campus. The surroundings of this campus allow for social activities and study activities. The campus is structured with an innovative architecture, is spacious, and there are wireless hotspots available for students. Melbourne Burwood campus is highly accessible for students with a variety of transportation options provided to them such as train, bus, and even bicycle.
- Train: The Melbourne Burwood Campus sits between the Lilydale/Belgrave, Glen Waverley and Alamein train lines.
- If traveling on the Lilydale/Belgrave line, hop off at Box Hill Railway Station and take the 732, 767, 281 or 768 bus to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- If traveling on the Glen Waverley line, hop off at Jordanville Station and take the 767 bus to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- If traveling on the Alamein line, hop off at either Hartwell or Burwood Station and take the 75 tram to the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- Public bus: There are a few bus services that visit the Melbourne Burwood Campus.
- Route 732 bus (Box Hill Station to Deakin University(Station Street) - Ferntree Gully)
- Route 767 bus (Box Hill Station to Deakin University(Burwood Highway) - Jordanville)
- Route 281 bus (Templestowe Village to Doncaster Shopping Town - Box Hill Station - Deakin University (Central Precinct - Building HF)
- Route 768 bus (Box Hill Station - Deakin University (Central Precinct - Building HF)
Warrnambool Campus is located close to several local surf beaches and popular tourist attractions. This campus is located near the Prine Highway to the East side of Warrnambook CBD. This campus promotes a friendly surrounding and an equally friendly community for students to engage in.
- Train: Daily rail runs from few places like Melbourne, Geelong, Mt Gambier, Portland, Port Fairy, Ballarat, and Hamilton. This service connects with public transport to other regional and interstate centres. Sherwood Park train station is located outside the Warrnambool Campus.
- Public bus: Take route 3 from Koroit Street Interchange to Deakin University via Gateway Plaza about 20 minutes.