About this course
This qualification is designed to reflect the role of individuals working in accounting and seeking professional identification. Core industry competencies, commercial law, Australian taxation law, basic accounting principles and BAS agent registration are included in the entry requirement that contribute to, but do not encompass, educational requirements for providing tax agent services.
A tax agent service is any service that related to ascertaining or advising about the liabilities, obligations or entitlements of an entity under a taxation law. It can also be representing an entity in their dealings with the commissioner of taxation.
- Students must be over 18 years of age
- Students must have completed an overseas equivalent of Year 12
- Proficient in English. International students need an IELTS level of 5.5 overall with at least one individual band no lower than 5.5, or TOEFL 527 (paper PBT) 60 (computerised)
- To be able to read and comprehend course requirements
- Have an intermediate to advanced level of understanding of computers and the internet