About this course
The objective of the Graduate Certificate in BM is to equip graduates with the core knowledge and fundamental general management competencies covering operations management, marketing and business communication as well as financial management, to enable them to enter the workforce in the roles of team members or equivalent.
The Graduate Certificate in BM lays the foundation for development in the field of business and management; it provides a common language and framework for greater communication and cooperation within an enterprise. It also provides a base for further academic and professional specialisation in business and general management.
As with all APIC programs, there is a dual emphasis of theory and practice. Students learn the fundamentals concepts and apply them in the context of a given business unit. The Graduate Certificate in Business Management can be completed in 1 semester full time, or extended to suit individual requirements, subject to conditions.
Bachelor Degree Entry
- Applicants who have completed a relevant Bachelor degree either in Australia or overseas at a recognised institution may be admitted into Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma candidature without conditions and must achieve a minimum Pass Grade Average (50 out of 100 marks) to be eligible for the award of the above qualifications.
Graduate Qualification Entry
- Applicants who have completed a relevant Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma or Master degree in another institution but do not meet the minimum academic performance requirements to enter the Master degree candidature may still be admitted to Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma courses offered by the College.
Associate Degree Entry
- In cases where a candidate has completed a relevant Associate Degree at minimum Credit Average level (65 out of 100 marks) he or she may be permitted to enrol in any of the Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma courses offered by the College. Candidates who have completed the requirements of the Graduate Diploma course may transfer their enrolment to Master degree candidature subject to having achieved Credit Average result minimum in their Graduate Diploma course at APIC with no Fail result in any individual units they have attempted.
Diploma/Advanced Diploma Entry
- Applicants who have not completed a Bachelor degree or a graduate qualification either in Australia or overseas may be admitted to study the Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma courses the College offers subject to the following conditions:
- They must have completed a Diploma or an equivalent qualification in a recognised institution plus at least 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Completed an Advanced Diploma or an equivalent qualification in a relevant field in a recognised institution plus at least 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- All applicants from a non-English speaking background need to provide proof of their holding at least one of the following English language qualifications:
- IELTS: Overall band score of 6.5 or better with no band below 6.0;
- IBT (Internet-based TOEFL): Overall score of 90 with a writing section minimum of 21;
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Grades A, B, C and C1;
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): Total score of 58;
- ELSIS English for Academic Purposes (EAP 2): Grade A.
- PTE Academic Module with score over 59.