Why Study in University of East London (UEL)
Our degrees have 87% employability rate within 6 months after graduation.
UEL is ranked 2nd in London for student satisfaction in Architecture, Civil Engineering and Psychology (2014 National Student Survey)
Two campuses located in London’s Royal Docks area nearby Stratford and 30mins from central London
More than 120 different nationalities are represented on our campuses.
About University of East London (UEL)
The University of East London (UEL) is a vibrant, modern university with a highly diverse population of 19,000 students drawn from more than 120 nationalities. We stand for academic excellence, creative thinking and inspirational teaching.
We enjoy a superb location in east London, just a short train ride from the city centre. Our two campuses are in the rapidly evolving Royal Docks area and in nearby Stratford – famous for hosting the 2012 London Olympics and Paralympics. The area is one of Europe’s largest regeneration zones and a magnet for high-tech companies and arts organisations.
Why study at UEL?
- London is the world’s most popular international student city and is home to over 100,000 international students from 200 different nations
- You will gain an internationally recognised academic qualification that will help you find the rewarding career you’ve dreamed about – both in terms of fulfilment and earning power.
- We offer huge savings on tuition fees. International students can benefit from a scholarship of up to £4,000.
- Career-focused courses – We offer a broad range of highly practical courses, and our students get the opportunity to learn on real-life projects.
- International students benefit from a number of programmes that offer superb internship opportunities.
- The University offers world-class teaching and learning facilities. We have been ranked among the top universities in the UK for investment per student in facilities.
- We provide a free Samsung tablet device for all new undergraduates pre-loaded with core textbooks in e-book form.
- We are one of the leading modern universities in the UK for research. Sixty-two per cent of our research is officially rated ‘internationally excellent’ or ‘world-leading’ (REF 2014)
- We have high employability rates, with 87 per cent of our graduates are in work or study within six months of graduating.
- We are ranked first in London for our visa advice service (ISB 2013)
- Our SportsDock complex is so outstanding that Team USA chose us as their training base for the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.
- Our International Office offers a comprehensive induction programme to welcome new international students to UEL.
- We are ranked second in London for student satisfaction in Architecture, Civil Engineering and Psychology (NSSS 2014)
- We have a 100 per cent score for overall student satisfaction in Surveying and Construction
- We have one of the largest and oldest Psychology departments in the country, with more than 50 years of teaching experience.
- We are one of only two London universities whose accountancy and finance courses are accredited by five accountancy bodies, all of which offer exemptions from Fundamental level papers
- We are the largest early-years education provider in London
- Podiatry and Physiotherapy students receive 1,000-plus hours of clinical practice time before they graduate
UEL professor praised by Times Higher Education for cutting-edge work
Professor Peter Morey earns plaudit for postcolonial research A Times Higher Education article has praised research by a UEL professor ...
Barbara Windsor among three UEL luminaries to be honoured by Queen
East End actress made a Dame a year after receiving honorary doctorate Two University of East London (UEL) honorary graduates ...
A Warm Welcome
Coming to study in a new country is exciting, but it can also be a lot to take in. From ...
FdSci Applied Community Sport (West Ham United Foundation)
Course summary You can still apply for places on our courses starting this September through Clearing. Call now. We’re proud ...
Let’s see what you may also consider
GBP 22,900 - 48,200
GBP 22,900 - 48,200