- Ranked 3 QS World University Rankings 2013
- Ranked 5 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
- Ranked 2 QS World University Rankings 2014
- Ranked 3 QS World University Rankings 2015
- Ranked 4 THE World University Rankings 2015-2016
- Ranked 5 QS World University Rankings 2018
|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
About University of Cambridge
Only the most academically able, motivated and passionate students to are admitted and the University looks to provide them with inspiring teaching that’s world class. The university is also confident that the best resources and facilities to support their learning. Students certainly won’t be short of libraries at Cambridge – the University has 114, which contain the standard texts needed, along with other related materials. Each College and department, together with the University Computing Service, provide computing facilities to help students with their academic work as well. Further to this, there is a Language Centre which provides opportunities for all students, regardless of degree subject, to start or continue to learn a language. The University of Cambridge has nine museums and collections which are open to the public throughout the year. All College chapels are open to the public at select times, and most of the Colleges are also open for visits. Students live, eat and socialise in one of the University’s 31 autonomous Colleges.
- There is a fast and frequent rail service from London King’s Cross & London Liverpool Street through to Cambridge.
- There are excellent connections from Scotland & the North via Peterborough, and regional services from Birmingham & the Midlands, East Anglia & the Northwest.
- For bus services from Cambridge railway station into the city centre look for the Citi 1, Citi 3 or Citi 7 services.
- From the South & from London, Cambridge is a short trip up the M11 motorway. From the north, the A1 and M1 link to the A14 dual carriageway straight to the city, and from the east and west, the A14 again takes you to Cambridge.
- For short stay trips the City Centre Car Parks offer great convenience, but for longer visits there are five world class Park & Ride sites located on the outskirts of the City that provide free parking and a swift and frequent bus ride to the City Centre.
- National Express operates coach services to Cambridge from major towns & cities throughout the U.K.
- There are frequent coach services from both Central London, and London Stansted Airport through to the city.
- The X5 cross county Stagecoach service links Oxford to Cambridge, via Bicester, Buckingham, Milton Keynes & Bedford.
- Stagecoach operates a comprehensive service to the city from around the county. The Guided Busway offers an innovative and frequent service from Huntingdon to the city centre including stops at the Rail Station and Addenbrookes Hospital. Park and Ride sites for this service can be found at St Ives, Longstanton and Trumpington.
At Cambridge, student accommodation is provided for most undergraduates for at least three years. Some Colleges have all their accommodation on their main College site. Others have some on their main site plus a range of College-owned flats/houses around the city. Either way, most accommodation is within easy walking or cycling distance of the University departments and facilities, and the city centre. Colleges have a variety of accommodation available. The cost of accommodation varies from College to College, and depends on the type and style of room (size, en suite etc) but the cost usually covers utilities (water, electricity, heating), cleaning, internet access and basic self-catering facilities. A rough guide of the price range to suit different budgets (based on a 30-week year) is as follows:
- most single study bedrooms with a shared bathroom cost £90-£120 per week
- most rooms with en suite cost £100-£140 per week
Courses available 10Accounting and Finance 1 Applied and Pure Sciences 4 Architecture, Building & Planning 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 3 MBA 1
Be the first one!