About this course
Your experience of work in (eg) industry, business, administration, beauty, social work, health service, or the uniformed services, has reinforced your feeling that you have something valuable to pass on.You know you have precious knowledge and experience; all you need is the skills and qualifications required to make your contribution.This is where we come in.This is a full-time pre-service teacher training course leading to a professional qualification for teaching in Further Education colleges, adult education and a wide range of other training and educational settings outside the schools sector.No previous experience of teaching is necessary.
This course provides a route to being a Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS), the full professional status for teachers in Lifelong Learning. The course can also lead to employment in secondary schools; however,it does not confer Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
This course will benefit you because:
* Centre for Excellence in Teacher Training in the sector only one of eight in England
* Gain a University qualification and a professional award QTLS
* Excellent employment and further study outcomes
* Interesting and valuable placements
* Excellent staff research profile
* Research-led teaching
* Staff write texts for the sector teacher training, creativity in teaching
* Ofsted inspected
* Second in the Guardian league tables for Education
No teaching experience is needed and the course is particularly suitable if you have work experience in industry, business and administration, hair and beauty, social work, health service, uniformed services and armed forces.
In addition to the University minimum entry requirements:
- HNC, CGLI Advanced, NVQ level 3/4 or professional qualifications.
- Significant work experience in the area you wish to teach.
- Criminal Records Bureau and health checks for suitability to teach. This will be arranged by the University before you start the course. There is a charge for the criminal check which is currently (at July 2010) £36.
* Satisfactory interview
We particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minorities and people with disabilities.
We also offer a PGCE course if you already have a degree.
Let's see what you may also consider
University Of WorcesterUnited Kingdom