* An Honours degree or equivalent in any subject.
* GCSE Grade C or above in Mathematics and English, or a recognised equivalent.
* Satisfactory medical and criminal clearance records checks for suitability to work with children. We arrange these during the application process. There is a charge of, currently, £44 for the Criminal records bureau check. You dont need to do anything about these before you apply. We will let you know what you need to do during the application and interview process.
* The ability to communicate in standard spoken and written English.
We hold interviews for this course.
You study the following modules:
* Advanced Practitioner with Early Years Professional Status
* Social Policy and Welfare: Children and Young People
* Early Years Foundation Stage Principles into Practice
* Employability and Practice Learning
* Supporting Early Childhood Development
*Evidence-based Practice in the Early Years
There are also specific Childrens Workforce Development Council (CWDC) Preparation for Validation days, which are designed to ensure you are fully aware of the requirements and processes necessary to go forward for your final assessment.