About this course
This course is for students who enjoy reading literature and are willing to tackle challenging texts. English Literature at A Level will introduce students to a range of texts by several different authors from different periods. Some of the texts studied will be 'traditional', e.g. Shakespeare, Dickens, and some will have been written in the last ten years. The skills learnt through this programme are much in demand from employers and universities, and are also valuable in their own right. Students with an A Level in English Literature have a wide range of possible careers and higher educational opportunities.
Admission requirements include:
- 5 GCSEs grade A* - C at first attempt, which must always include at least a grade C in English and maths, and a minimum grade B in one of the following or similar subjects: GCSE English literature, history, sociology, or psychology.
- All GCE A Level subjects require a grade B in relevant specific GCSEs.
- For STEM subjects, a double or triple science GCSE will be required at Grade B or above.
- A good reference may also be required.
- Overseas applicants without equivalent qualifications will be tested.
- Most subjects will require subject specific GCSEs and these will be specified at course level.
Let's see what you may also consider
University of WolverhamptonUnited Kingdom
University of BradfordUnited Kingdom