|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
About Bradford College
Bradford College is currently in the process of creating a further multi-million pound campus in the heart of Bradford, a new 6-storey building, which will provide an innovative and technology rich learning environment for learners. The new campus will transform the learner experience using new styles of learning environments, realistic state-of-the-art working environments and utilizing new and emerging technologies.
New styles of learning will embrace cutting edge technologies, with realistic work environments open to the public and opportunities to showcase learning activity through open plan areas. Furthermore, prior to the new build, learners were consulted as to what they would like to see in the new build.
Trinity Green provides modern workshops; staff and student break-out areas; Wi-Fi technology; extensive learning resource areas; and student services. New sporting facilities include a 1000m² sports hall; sports and fitness laboratories; a fitness testing suite; a dedicated sport theory room; an aerobics and dance studio complete with fully sprung wooden floor; multi-use games area; 2 basketball courts designed to Sport England standard; three 5-a-side pitches; and a full size football pitch which is available for community use.
Work on the new building is now well underway and it is hoped the building will be ready by September 2014.
Bradford is centrally located in the UK and has easy access to road, rail, air and sea routes. London is only 3 hours away by train. Leeds Bradford International Airport is only 20 minutes from the College and the network of motorways run right into the city via M62/M606.
Bradford has two main railway stationsBoth located in the city centre and the College is only a short distance from either:
- Bradford Interchange
- Bradford Forster Square
The bus/coach station is located in Bradford Interchange and serves all major towns and cities in the UK.
The two main airports used most frequently by visitors to Bradford College are:
- Leeds Bradford International Airport: Situated about eight miles to the north of the city, with taxis available 24 hours and bus services to Bradford city centre.
- Manchester International Airport: Located approximately 40 miles from Bradford, Manchester International Airport is served by most worldwide destinations. Both taxi and bus services operate from the airport to Bradford city centre.
Bradford College has a range of comfortable and affordable accommodation available, all in close proximity to the College, to suit your needs. Our accommodation provides a secure and supportive environment, and is an ideal base for students who are leaving home for the first time or new to Bradford. Whether you choose Halls or Homestay the same high standards of facilities and support are available to you. There are three types of accommodation available depending on the experience you would like:
- Long Stay
- Living in a shared flat with other students, you will live in a supportive and vibrant community of students and halls staff.
- Homestay Accommodation
- Get an insight into home life in Bradford by choosing Homestay. This is a good option if you want to improve your English language skills.
- Short Stay and Conferences
- Doris Birdsall Hall is available for short term individual and group bookings.