About this course
The UTM Foundation Programme is an academic programme offered by Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) which provides students an alternative choice of pre-university education, other than matriculation, the Malaysian Higher School Certiﬁcate (STPM), and other foundation programmes recognized by the Malaysian government.
It provides students with the basic knowledge required for Engineering, Science and Social Sciences’ Degree programmes that will prepare them for their next education pathway in UTM Bachelor’s degree programme.
The duration of this programme is one year which is in a full time mode. The students’ academic load is spread over a course of three semesters (52 weeks) with several courses being delivered and assessed in each Semester.
There are 1 intake per year for UTM Foundation Programme.
- Pass SPM or equivalent with credit in at least 5 (Five) subjects including Mathematics and 2 (Two) Science subjects; OR
- Pass O Level with a minimum grade B in 3 (Three) subjects including Mathematics and 2 (Two) Science subjects; OR
- Other equivalent qualiﬁcation recognized by the Malaysian government
- Pass O Level or other equivalent qualiﬁcation; OR
- SMU 3/SMA with average grade of 5-5.9 (for applicants from Indonesia) ; OR
- Other equivalent school qualiﬁcations recognized by the Malaysian Qualiﬁcations Agency (MQA)
- Obtained Grade A- in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and English Language qualiﬁcation equivalent to Cambridge O Level 1119, minimum Grade 6.
- Intermediate Mathematics
- Computer Literacy
- Fundamentals of Knowledge
- General English
- Physics I
- Physics Practical I
- Chemistry I
- Chemistry Practical I
- Philosophy of Science and Technology
- Academic Listening and Speaking Skills
- Statistics and Probability
- Physics II
- Physics Practical II
- Chemistry II
- Chemistry Practical II
- Fundamentals of Computing
- Academic Reading and Writing Skills