About this course
This programme is designed to provide a thorough and rigorous learning of principles of economics and their applications in the context of business organisations. It enables students to develop and be able to justify their own views on significant ideas and concepts in the field of economics.
(1) SPM - 3 Credits in the relevant subjects
(2) O Level - 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects
(3) UEC - 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects
(4) Certificate - Relevant Certificate accredited by MQA OR Relevant Skilled/Technical/Vocational Certificate recognised by the Malaysian Government.
i) (1), (2) or (3) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (pass) in Mathematics/ UEC Grade C in one mathematics subject
ii) (1), (2) or (3) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
b) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Diploma.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Subject to the Ministry of Higher Education latest requirements.
- Financial Accounting I
- Quantitative Studies
- Introduction to Business
- Financial Accounting II
- IT Fundamentals and Applications
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Mathematics of Economics
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Principles of Investment
- Economic Statistics
- Economics for Business
- Consumer Economics
- Organisation & Business Management
- Business & Corporate Law
- Economics & the Business Environment
- Economics of Industry
- Economics of Money & Financial Institutions
- Ethics for Business
- International Economics
- Managing People
- Economic Issues and Policies
English Language, Pengajian Malaysia 2, English for Communication, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Public speaking/ Drama/ Social and Work Etiquette, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, *Co-curricular
*Co-Curricular Courses can be taken in any semester of the study