About this course
The aim of this programme is to prepare students for careers as academics or researchers in the public or private sector. Students who are already industry practitioners will be equipped with the skills to exploit their specialist knowledge in applied research and development within the academia and industry. As a doctoral level programme, students are expected to have a strong theoretical and research methodological foundation, and should be able to conduct their research mainly on their own.
- A Master's Degree that is accepted by the HEP senate; or
- Other qualifications that are recognised by the HEP senate as equivalent to a Master's Degree
For International Students
- Master's degree accepted by the University Senate and pass IELTS with band 6 or better, or TOEFL with a minimum score of 550.
Two core courses
- Research Process and Academic Writing
- Research Design and Methodology
- Each student must present and defend his/her PhD research proposal. The student is only allowed to continue with his/her research to Phase Ill on passing of the defence of his/her proposal
Data Collection and Thesis Preparation
- The student proceeds to his/her data collection, data analysis and thesis writing
- After submitting the thesis, the students is required to attend a Viva Voce to defend his/her thesis