About this course
This program provides a comprehensive training in research on specific subject areas through exploration and experimentation. One or more supervisors are assigned to the student whose role is to assist the student to define the research topic and to provide guidance in the development of the research project. On completion of the research the candidate is required to submit a thesis on his research findings for examination.
Master’s Admission Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Hons.) or its equivalent in the related field.
- Preference will be given to applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.0 and above or its equivalent, or second class honors from a recognized university.
- Applicants having a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA 3.7 and above can apply directly for the PhD programme.
PhD Admission Requirements
- A Master’s Degree or its equivalent in the related field.
- Have at least IELTS Band 6 or TOEFL 550 if their first degree is from a university where English is not the medium of instruction.
- Or Pass an English proficiency test approved by the University.
- Bahasa Malaysia for Foreigners
- All foreign candidates of higher degree are required to attend and pass the Bahasa Malaysia course run by the Faculty of Languages and Linguistics before the conferment of their Masters degree
- Candidates are exempt from the course if they have obtained a pass grade in:
- the Malaysian Certificate of Education level
- Level III of the Bahasa Malaysia Proficiency Certificate
- Level III of the University’s Intensive Bahasa Malaysia Certificate
- Or equivalent