|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
About Institute of Graduate Studies, University of Malaya
University of Malaya is situated on a 750 acre campus in the southwest of Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. The university is supported by the University Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC), the largest research hospital in Malaysia, 2 academies, 12 faculties and 3 academic centres.
- Library: UM Library consists of Main Library which provide library facilities for the whole campus and 13 branch libraries to meet the specific needs of some faculties.
- Computing Facilities and Support: In all faculties, academies and centres, UM offers computer facilities, WIFI, laboratories and support services.
- Transportation and Travel: Students can use the University shuttle bus service to travel back and forth from campus to the residential college.
- Sports and Recreation: UM has excellent outdoor and indoor sports and recreational facilities. There is an Olympic sized swimming pool at the Sports Centre, a jogging track around the Varsity Lake, fields for soccer and rugby, tennis and basketball courts, gymnasiums and multi-purpose halls.
- UM has various other facilities on campus such as: the student clinic, post office, book shop, bank, ATM, and such, bringing the world to the student’s doorstep.
UM is approximately located 12 km from the centre of Kuala Lumpur. The UM campus is a short drive from the centre of Kuala Lumpur and is easily accessible via the Federal Highway and Jalan Universiti or via Jalan Pantai
From the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), the UM campus can be reached by KLIA Express Rail Link or by taxi.The KLIA Express Rail Link (or ERL) station is located on the ground floor of the airport. It will take 28 minutes to reach the KL Sentral Station (the nearest station to UM), where taxis are available for the journey (about 10 minutes) to the UM campus.Students with families and lots of luggage are advised to take a taxi directly from the KLIA to the campus. The journey will take about one hour to UM campus.
Students and visitors travelling by the Putra Light Rail Transit (LRT) should disembark at the Universiti station. The Rapid KL Buses are available from the station to UM campus (the journey is about 3 minutes).
University of Malaya has 12 residential colleges in its Kuala Lumpur campus, one in Nilam Puri, Kelantan and an International House in Section 17, Petaling Jaya which provide accommodation to students.
These residential colleges can accommodate nearly 12,000 students. Some residential colleges provide food and accommodation for students at RM15 to RM20 per student per day. The rest offer accommodation at RM150 to RM360 for each student per month.
12th College or Raja Dr. Nazrin Shah Residential College offers accommodation to all new international undergraduates upon their registration. It is mandatory for them to stay in the college during orientation week, after which they may decide whether they would like to continue their stay there. For international students with family, International House provides an accommodation for them for RM 1,500 per month. International students can apply for on campus accommodation in residential colleges or International House through the International Student Centre (ISC).
Some of the facilities that students can enjoy in their on campus residence are recreation rooms, food stalls, TV rooms, gymnasiums, basketball courts, badminton courts, study halls, and cafeterias.
Courses available 10Applied and Pure Sciences 3 Business and Management 1 Engineering 5 Mass Communication & Media 1
Be the first one!