- 109 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
- 48 QS World University Rankings 2014
- 114 THE World University Rankings 2013-2014
- 52 QS World University Rankings 2013
- 46 QS World University Rankings 2015
- 82 THE World University Rankings 2015-2016
- 45 QS World University Rankings 2018
|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
About University of New South Wales (UNSW)
There are many services and facilities being provided to the students by the University for their conveniences. The facilities are as below:
- UniWide wireless internet
- UNSW library
- Student Central
- The Student Equity and Disabilities Unit
- UNSW Childcare
- UNSW online
- The Learning Centre
- Peer mentoring
- Counselling and Psychological Services
UNSW, located in the eastern suburbs, is just minutes away from the city and is easily accessible from Central Station and other major transportation hubs located throughout Sydney. Below are the description regarding the location of the 3 famous campus:
The main UNSW campus is located on a 38 hectare site at Kensington. The distance between Kensington campus to the city of Sydney is only 7km away. With nearly 1,700 UNSW Express Bus services per week, coupled with several other bus and train services available, the UNSW Kensington Campus is easy to get to via public transport no matter where you are travelling from.
The Pandington Campus is located in the heart of Paddington city and is within walking distance of major train stations and bus services. It is extremely well-serviced by public transport and is connected to Kensington Campus via regularly scheduled free shuttle services.
The Canberra Campus is located at the Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA). ADFA is located off Northcott Drive which is less than 5 km from the Canberra city centre and Canberra airport. It is easily accessible by car.
There are On-campus and Off-campus accommodations for the students to choose from. UNSW provides On-campus accommodation for the students' conveniences to live near the campus. There are two type of housing for the students to stay in; College and Apartment.
UNSW provides a safe, secure, and comfortable home for the students. The college provides a friendly community lifestyle that will encourage new friendships to bloom and gain experiences which are essential to a fulfilling University life. The UNSW Colleges consist of six Colleges all together; Colombo House, Fig Tree Hall and The Kensington Colleges (Basser College, Philip Baxter College and Goldstein College) and UNSW Hall. Each of these colleges will offer unique experiences for the students by providing a combination of strong support network delivered through an established residential care program as well as academic mentoring.
The UNSW Apartments are located either on-campus or off campus. The apartments are designed for independent living for students, including couples and families with children. All of the independent living accommodation at UNSW is located within an easy reach to the city centre, Sydney's white beaches and blue waters, Centennial Park, Sydney Airport, major shopping areas and bus routes. UNSW Residential Communities manage all the off-campus apartment such as University Terraces, Barker, Mulwarree and High St Apartments.
- UNSW consistently scores highly in a range of national and international rankings.
- The University was ranked 47th in the world in the UKs 2009 Times Higher Education Supplement THES) World University Rankings. The annual rankings of the leading 200 universities are based on six factors: academic and employer surveys, staff-student ratios, research citations and the proportion of international staff and students.
- The AGSM MBA Program was ranked as the leading full-time MBA in Australia and 32nd in the world in the Financial Times (UK) 2009 ranking of the top 100 global MBA programs.
- This is the tenth consecutive year the AGSM MBA Program has ranked in the top 100 MBA programs worldwide.
- UNSW's accounting research was ranked first out of 1087 institutions worldwide in the June 2007 edition of the international journal Accounting and Finance.
- UNSW scored highly in the 2010 Good Universities Guide, being awarded the maximum five-star rating for seven key performance indicators: including research grants, research intensivity, student-staff ratio, staff qualifications, cultural diversity, graduate starting salary and positive graduate outcomes.
- According to the Graduate Destination Survey, UNSW maintained its leading position in graduate salaries with median starting salaries of more than $50,000 across all major disciplines.