* A first degree at 2:2 or above in a relevant science subject.
* Two science A levels at a minimum of grade C or equivalent.
* A GCSE grade C pass or equivalent in Mathematics and English (we may be able to offer you an equivalency test in Mathematics and English if you do not meet this requirement. Details available at interview.)
* The ability to speak, read and write well in English.
* Criminal Records Bureau, General Teaching Council and medical checks. There is a charge (currently £44) for the criminal records bureau clearance check. You don't need to do anything before you apply; we will let you know what you need to do during the application process.
* These are the usual entry requirements; however those with different or older qualifications should not be deterred from applying as we welcome people from different backgrounds.
* Trainees with appropriate industrial and/or commercial experience are encouraged to apply.
*If you acquired a degree overseas, we will need to see a full transcript of your award, along with details of the marking scheme used by the awarding institution.