- 38.4 2015 U.S.News Ranking: Europe
- 201 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
- 202 QS World University Rankings 2014
- 164 THE World University Rankings 2015-2016
- 156 QS World University Rankings 2015
|Living cost||USD 479 per month|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
About University of Reading Malaysia
The campus on EduCity - a state of the art, architecturally stunning campus environment perfect for studying and networking.
- The design for the campus made the finals in the World Architecture Festival Awards in 2013
- The campus is integrated, self-contained space that combines flexible teaching, research and learning spaces with inspiring social spaces. Highlights include state of the art laboratories, a world-class Learning and Resource Centre and four lecture theatres to enable experiential learning and group projects
- The Heartspace – the central parkland space between the two buildings – came from the idea to emulate the open, natural space of the University of Reading’s Whiteknight’s campus in the UK, but translate this for a tropical setting. The Heartspace is now a plant-filled space for students to relax and socialise. There is also an amphitheatre for talks, live music and events
- Leisure facilities on EduCity include a 12,000 seat stadium and indoor arena offering basketball, badminton, squash, volleyball and futsal, plus an aquatic centre with an Olympic sized swimming pool
- The Student Village offers halls of residence, cafes, restaurants, healthcare, a library and shops.
At a glance:
- When fully operational, we will teach around 3000 students from the current building
- The building covers an area of 27,000 square meters on a 15 acre site
- Flexible research, teaching and learning spaces, including 4 lecture theatres
- Cutting edge teaching and research laboratories
- A Building Information Modelling lounge for our Built Environment Programmes
- Our flagship dealing room will give students the feel of a real trading floor
- A purpose-built moot court to enable experiential learning in our Law Programme
- Free, high speed wifi across the campus
- Dedicated student association space
- Muslim prayer room.
Iskandar Malaysia EduCity Campus
Iskandar Malaysia EduCity is a brand-new, purpose-built campus designed to support and encourage the highest quality of teaching and learning experience for our students:
- Located just 40 minutes away from Singapore International Airport, 45 minute drive to downtown Singapore
- Only 20 minutes drive from Johor International Airport, serving 17 cities in Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Brunei, Peninsular and East Malaysia.
Located in the heart of the city, at Menara Kotaraya in downtown Johor Bahru.
The Student Village at Iskandar Malaysia EduCity is located just 20 minutes away from downtown Johor Bahru, 40 minutes away from Changi International Airport, Singapore and is just a few minutes’ stroll from our main campus. A safe environment, the vicinity is secured with CCTV surveillance and a security guard post.
This brand new accommodation building comprises 444 beds for single students (hostel type accommodation) and 60 units of apartments for students and staff which have 202 beds. All options include air-con:
- Single bedroom with bathroom en suite (RM889 p/month)
- Twin-sharing bedroom with bathroom en suite (RM681 p/month)
- 4-bed and 5-bed accommodation with a shared bathroom (RM474 & RM589 p/month)
- Single Apartment
- 2 Rooms Apartment (each room comes attached with a bathroom)
- 3 Rooms Apartment (each room comes attached with a bathroom)
A host of shared facilities at the Student Village include:
- Cafeteria on the ground floor
- Kitchenettes on every floor
- Launderette (Coin Operated Machine)
- Iskandar Malaysia Bus (IM Bus) routes to nearby shops, places of interest and Johor Bahru city
- Prayer rooms
- Common room space for socializing which includes Study Area and TV Room
- Internet access - Wi-Fi connections
- Bus stop for buses into Singapore
- Roof Garden
- Basketball Court
Alternative accommodation is available at EcoNest Residence and is located 3KM away from the campus. Students can apply for a room and special rates are available to students of UoRM.
- WiFi and utilities included in accommodation fees
- Bed (including mattress)
- Study desk and chair
- Table lamp
- Waste paper basket
An prearranged shuttle service will take students from the Student Village/EcoNest Residence to the campus premises.
- The UoR has a graduate employment rate of 93% - giving students exceptional support to develop their skills and make essential connections with industry
- UoR has 100,000 alumni in 145+ countries worldwide
- UoR UK campus already has more than 1400 Malaysian alumni and in the last two years alone, more than 100 Malaysian students have graduated from UoR.
Courses available 5Accounting & Finance 2 Applied, Pure Sciences 1 Architecture, Building 1 Business, Management 2 Humanities & Social Sciences 1
- 2016 Research Seminar and Workshop Programme Launched 25 Feb 2016
- A Building For The Future 25 Feb 2016
- University of Reading Malaysia: The Countdown Has Begun 30 Jul 2015