- Ranked 32 2014 QS University Rankings: Asia
- Ranked 151 QS World University Rankings 2014
- Ranked 167 QS World University Rankings 2013
- Ranked 146 QS World University Rankings 2015
- Ranked 114 QS World University Rankings 2018
- Ranked 24 QS University Rankings: Asia 2018
|Living cost||US$ 480 per month|
About University Malaya (UM)
Some facilities in the campus include:
- Library - with over 1.million materials, the library is able to provide comprehensive information for students.
- Postal services - the postal service can deliver any package or letter or postcard.
- Financial banking and services - ATMs and bank outlets are easily accessible for the staff and students.
- Bookshop - offering services from the university bookshop to a computer outlet for the students.
- Health services
- Perdanasiswa Complex - fully equipped auditoriums and meeting rooms
- Food court and catering services
- Transportation and travel
- UM Press
- Recreational and sporting facilities
- Rumah Universiti - a convenient accommodation option open to everyone
UM's campus is located in Kuala Lumpur and it is easily accessible by public transport. Universiti Malaya, or UM, Malaysia's oldest university, is situated on a 750 acre (309 hectare) campus in the southwest of Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia.
University Malaya provides both on and off campus accommodation.
- On campus accommodation, there are 12 residential colleges which provide on campus accommodation to UM students including international students under UM Student Exchange Programme. These residential colleges can accommodate more than 11,000 students. Some residential colleges provide food and accommodation for students at RM10 to RM20 per student per day. The others offer only accommodation at RM150 to RM360 per student per month.
- Off campus accommodation, students can choose either international house (for international students) or private house for rent.
- International house - located 2 km away from University Malaya main campus and there is shuttle bus provided by the university. Rental rate (fully furnished with AC, 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom): RM 1500/ month excluding water and electricity bill
- Private house for rent