Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
|# 259||QS World University Rankings 2014|
|Year established||Data not available|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
|Nationalities||Data not available|
About Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) was established in 1970, this university was born from the aim of keeping the Malay language as the national language of the knowledge. UKM has made a huge grown over the years and now they have 13 faculties, 13 research institutes and two commercial entities. As a Malaysian university it is the only university that has been listed in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World’s ‘Top 50 Under 50’ 2013 and ranked at the 19th place.
UKM is a university that received the title Research university (RU) which has been attractive for students from all over the world and Is focused on the quality of research and publication, innovative teaching and learning, internationalization and international benchmark, good governance, and also effective delivery.
|IELTS||Data not available|
|TOEFL||Data not available|
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Courses available 10
Tuition and application fees
Data not available
Estimated tuition fees as reported by the institution.
|Application fee (local students)||Data not available|
|Application fee (foreign students)||Data not available|
|Student visa fee (foreign students)||Data not available|
Data not available
Average living cost in Malaysia
The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in Malaysia for 2023
|Food||Data not available|
|Accommodation||Data not available|
|Others||Data not available|
The university’s main campus in Bangi, Selangor Darul Ehsan spans an area of 1,096.29 hectares approximately 35 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur. The campus is situated in a valley surrounded by hills and greenery, providing a serene and conducive environment for learning and knowledge exploration. Facilities:
- Students College
- Pavilion with Synthetic Track
- University Hotel
- Internet and Wifi Hotspot
- Guest House
- Health Center
- Post Office
- 24 Hours Security
- Teres Eko Niaga
UKM is located in Bangi, a township just next to Kajang. It is easy to take Commuter train, just about 20 minutes ride to Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. Taxis are plentiful and easy accessible too. Taxi will cost you about RM 5.00 per trip to UKM.
- From KL Sentral
- Take a KTM Commuter train towards Seremban. Stop at UKM station (about 40 minutes). Take a taxi or Rapid KL Bus Service No. 430 to the university. However, we advise you to take a taxi which will cost you around RM 5.00
- From Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)
- Use the KLIA Limo service (tickets can be purchased at the Arrival Hall) to your hotel; OR
- Take a KLIA Transit train (be careful, do not take the KLIA Express) to Bandar Tasik Selatan Station. Next, take a KTM Commuter train towards Seremban and stop at UKM Station. Then, take a taxi or a Rapid KL bus service No. 430 to the university.
Large (More than 10,000)
|Undergraduate students||Data not available|
|Postgraduate students||Data not available|
|foreign students||Data not available|