About this course
The Bachelor in Computer Forensic programme aims to provide students with a full understanding of current and developing computer forensic technologies and computer forensic research issues. Graduates will be exposed to current and developing principles and practices within the computer forensic field. They will have the opportunity to widen and deepen their knowledge and skills in the area of cyber crime and cyber security, its applications and supporting technologies. The programme also educates the students on the application of various tools and techniques currently being used in the development of computer forensics.
Careers in computer forensics are found mainly in law-enforcement agencies, military and government intelligence agencies, private security and consulting companies. Positions the graduates can fill in the above organizations are Computer Forensic Consultant, Computer Forensic Manager, Computer Forensic Investigator, Digital Forensics Detective, Cyber Investigator and Computer Research Engineer.
KPT Reference: KPT/ JPS (R/481/6/0184) 09/17
- Pass SPM or its equivalent with credit in Bahasa Malaysia and Mathematics
- Pass STPM or its equivalent, with minimum Grade C in 3 subjects including Pengajian Am/Kertas Am (General Studies/General Paper) or at least 2.00 CGPA;
- A pass in STPM or its equivalent, with minimum Grade C in 2 subjects including Pengajian Am/Kertas Am (General Studies/General Paper) and Grade D for 2 other subjects;
- Ministry of Education (KPM) Matriculation Certificate or MSU Foundation Certificate, or Foundation Certificate or its equivalent from higher learning institution recognised by Ministry of Higher Education (KPT);
- Diploma/Certificate from PTPL/MSU, or Diploma from higher learning institution recognised by Ministry of Higher Education (KPT);
- Pass at least 3 subjects in A-Level;
- Pass The South Australian Matriculation (SAM) with minimum score of 65% - 75%;
- Pass Canadian Pre University Programme (CPU) with minimum score of 80%;
- Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with at least grade B in 5 subjects;
- Other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government .