|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
About Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
The modern interior environment of the Institute places students of different disciplines in the most conducive learning environment to achieve greater learning outcomes. Students are able to interact and learn from each other in their daily campus life and extra-mural activities such as concerts, orientation events, creative competition and games.
Campus Facilities & Resources
- The computer lab is equipped with Apple iMac complete with Adobe Design software, PC with high-end processors and colour laser printers.
- Air-conditioned classrooms, studios and labs are equipped with high end audio- visual teaching aid (plasma, laptop, LCD projectors etc.)
- A library with a collection of books, periodicals in Art, Design and Music. Internet facilities are also available. All students can access to WiFi.
- Art gallery to showcase creative works in art and design.
- A mini concert hall for Music programme students to do performance.
- Student common rooms with television, game sets and reading materials.
- Accommodation is easily available in the neighbourhood.
- Easily accessible by public transportation.
Student Support Services & Student Development Activities
The Student Affairs Department will assist the students in accommodation matters and disseminate information on employment, activities, competitions, etc.
MIA campus is strategically located in Taman Melawati which provides a balanced campus life. It’s easily accessible by public transport such as LRT, bus and taxi. Within walking distance from the campus, students will be able to find accommodation, eating outlets, supermarkets, art shops, banks and other amenities.
The monthly rental per resident is as follows (all rooms are non-air-conditioned unless specified):
- Triple/Quart sharing - RM350.00
- Twin sharing - RM380.00
- Single Room with attached bathroom - RM400.00 (subject to availability)
Schedule of Rental Payment
Termly payments in advance of 4 months, 4 months, 4 months respectively, to complete the 1st year.
Security deposit (refundable upon fulfillment of tenancy agreement)
RM700.00 or equivalent to 2 months rental whichever is higher.
Facilities & services
Personal wardrobe, bed with mattresses, study desk & chair, dining table & chairs, fridge, gas stove with gas tank (gas & utensils not include), hot water shower, twice weekly housekeeping service.
The student house that we offer is within a walking distance (10- 15 min).
MIA offers various types of scholarship such as the Academic Achievement Scholarships for students who had achieved the following minimum academic performance in their SPM or UEC examination (Malaysian students only):
- 9A’s and above – 100% tuition fee waiver
- 8A’s – 75% tuition fee waiver
- 7A’s – 50% tuition fee waiver
Besides that, scholarships are also awarded through annual Nationwide Art & Design Competition, 5 full-scholarships through Dong Jiau Zhong and 2 scholarships each through the Sin Chew Education Fund and Nanyang Education Fund.
Financial aid is available for application by deserving or needy students who want to pursue their studies in MIA. The Institute also assists students to apply study loan from PTPTN (Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional), SOCSO (Social Security Organisation), and such if they qualify.
Courses available 7Creative Arts & Design 7
- 2014 Pertandingan Seni Lukis & Seni Reka MIA ke-29 13 Mar 2014
- MIA Creativity Development Workshop 2016 16 Mar 2016
- Unique Designs Win Awards 18 Jul 2013
Be the first one!