MSc in Transportation & Logistics
Save Comments 27058
Master of Science in Transportation & Logistics is available for fresh graduates and working professionals to venture into the world of transportation and logistics. Many players are directly and indirectly involved in transportation and logistics, and they operate in fields such as public transportation and mass transit, airlines, airports, ocean shipping, seaports, rail, cargo and freight transport, supply chain management, green and sustainable transportation, traffic control, highway operations, toll operations, communication and traveler information systems.
This programme will equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to operate effectively in handling complex challenges in transportation and logistics. Students may apply to this programme from any field of study, but must be prepared for rigorous training under MUST to develop skills in system design and optimization, economic analysis, statistical modeling, and project evaluation. It is advisable for students to have at least some background knowledge in the fields of engineering, transportation, basic sciences, computer science, information technology, mathematics, economics, management or any other related courses.
Upon graduation, students may pursue a Doctor of Philosophy in Transportation and Logistics under MUST, or alternatively work under (but not limited to) these career opportunities:
- Transportation Planing
- Freight Management
- Third-Party Logistics
- Purchasing and Supply Management
- Logistics Management
- Distribution and Retail Management
- Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Demand Planning and Management
- Policy and Regulation
- Infrastructure Operations e.g Airlines, Terminals, Seaports
- Transportation, Logistics and Supply Chain
- Obtained at least a Second Upper Class honors degree or CGPA of 3.00 or above (on a 4 point scale) in a relevant field (or an equivalent qualification) from a university of acceptable standing, and recognized by the Malaysian Government
- Applicants who do not meet the required minimum qualification but with some relevant working experience will also be considered.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at a score of 550 or higher is required; or
- International English Language Testing Services (IELTS), a minimum overall band score of 6.0; or
- Provide proof of English proficiency as evaluated by MUST.
- Research Methodology
- Logistics Systems
- Transportation Policy and Strategy
- Transportation Systems
- Traffic and Flow Management
- Carrier Systems
- Maritime Logistics
- Public Transportation Service and Operations
- Principles of Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Transportation and Environment
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
About Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST), Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
The Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST) is a comprehensive university offering programmes at all levels, from Foundation Science to Diploma, Undergraduate (BSc and BBA), Masters and PhD. There are currently three schools: the School of Science and Engineering, the School of Business, and the School of Foundation and Pre-U Studies.
MUST began as a post-graduate research university in 2000, assisted by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Hence, its post-graduate research curriculum was structured to emulate MIT’s style of teaching and learning, with emphasis on meeting the demand of future industries and jobs. To deliver this education, MUST has built up a faculty consisting of graduates of leading universities in the world.
Today, MUST has expanded to offer Undergraduate and Foundation programmes in its School of Science and Engineering and Business School. Its postgraduate experience with the assistance of MIT sets the model for developing its Undergraduate and Foundation programmes. Teaching and learning continue to be interactive, and the content of courses are guided by practical concerns. The curriculum is industry-oriented to ensure employability of graduates.
Graduates of MUST today work in leading corporations across the world, from the Middle East to China, Singapore and Australia. Many also work in major corporations and government organisations in Malaysia or have started their own business. Others have gone on to pursue PhDs in Malaysian universities as well as universities in Canada, Australia, and else where. Our international students have also attained good careers, largely returning to their home countries to hold good positions in government organisations and private companies, adding to the rich international alumni network that can help each new batch of graduates on international jobs.
June, July, September
Information not available
Male : female student ratio
Information not available
Local : international
Information not available
Disclaimer: Please note that the information published on this website concerning courses is intended for guidance purposes only. Therefore you are advised to contact the University or College before applying in order to confirm details because the availability of courses, tuition fees, and entry requirements may change without notice. For more information, please read our full disclaimer.