|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
IIUM has several campuses, facilities and institutions spread across several states of Malaysia, each with their own specialisations and purposes. Find out what and where these campuses are here:
- Gombak Campus - main campus
- Kuantan Campus
- Kuala Lumpur Campus
The main IIUM Campus is nestled in a valley in the rustic district of Gombak, a suburb of the capital city of Kuala Lumpur. This Garden of Knowledge and Virtue covers 700 acres, with elegant Islamic-style buildings surrounded by green-forested limestone hills, attracts avid photographers from among both locals and tourists.
This campus includes all the facilities that a modern community needs, including a mosque that can accommodate thousands, state-of-the-art sports complexes with Olympic-size swimming pools, a fully equipped library, a 24-hour medical clinic, a child-minding centre, banks, post offices, restaurants, bookshops and grocery stores. A fibre-optic backbone runs through the entire campus, facilitating instant communication from one corner of the campus to another.
IIUM also provides a wide variety of sports and recreational facilities and services across its campuses, in order to encourage productive and constructive leisure activities amongst its students.
Accessibility to Kuala Lumpur from the campus is made easy not only by efficient bus and taxi services, but also by a light rail station close to the campus.
2 buses travel to or through IIUM (UIA) :
- T201: UIA- Batu 5, GOMBAK
- T231: UIA- Jln. Melati 1/5, Kedai Motor
The students’ residential colleges in IIUM are also known as Mahallah, which is Arabic for ‘neighbourhood’. IIUM’s mahallahs are self-contained not only with services but also activities, and are named after the leading companions of the Prophet s.a.w and the female Mujahidah and Syuhada.
- Specifically catered for postgraduate students who are considered matured and require more privacy
- Undergraduate students may also apply if vacancies are available,
- Rental rate for IIUM students is RM 7.00/day/person
4 person-sharing Room
- The room accommodates four students in a compartmentalized unit. Although the four students are sharing a common door to the unit, each student is actually has his own private space/compartment for the sake of privacy.
- Each compartment is provided with a single bed, study table and chair, cupboard, bookshelf or bookrack
- Rental rate for IIUM students is RM 3.50/day/person
Elite Room (for male and female students)
- Standard room (RM510/ month)
- attached bathroom with hot shower
- air conditioning
- standard bedroom set
- single sofa & coffee table
- pantry & coin operated laundry (common facilities)
- Note: Quoted rental rate excludes electricity charges.
Application via Online Registration
Steps involving Online registration:
- Fill in the On-Line Application Form
- Submit Online
- Pay the processing fee
- Submit the Documents