4 GCSEs grade D or above including English and maths or a relevant Level 1 course including English and maths.
- Public Services skills
- Career planning for the Public Services
- Improving health and fitness for entry into the Uniformed Public Services.
- Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
- Land navigation by map and compass
- Expedition skills in Public Services
- Sport and recreation in the Public Services
Functional Skills are developed, assessed and recorded throughout the programme.
Outdoor activities will form an important part of the course.
As in the Uniformed Public Services Sector, there are strict requirements on behaviour, punctuality, attendance and work deadlines.