No formal qualifications are needed but you should have basic literacy skills and a reference from your school and/or employer.
Students will study the following units:
- Investigating rights and responsibilities at work
- Managing your health at work
- Preparing for work placement
- Learning from work placement
- Health & social care needs
- Personal care in health & social care
- Creative activities for children
- Creative and leisure activities for adults in health & social care
- Promoting healthy eating
- Communication with adults and children in health & social care
- Job opportunities in health & social care
- Health & social care group project
- Certificate in personal and social development
All students will study Functional Skills as part of this course.
You are required to pass exams in: English Information technology Mathematics.