Level 3 qualification in a computer-related subject or one A Level in maths, physics, engineering science, computer science, electronic systems or similar.
Supporting GCSE passes including satisfactory competence in English and maths.
Students with overseas qualifications are also welcome and will be considered individually.
The BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Computing and Systems Development is a two-year programme, which requires the successful completion of 16 units. There are four mandatory core units and 12 optional units.
- Business Skills for e-commerce
- Computer Systems
- Employability & Professional Development
- Product Design, Implementation and Evaluation
Specialist units will include:
- System Analysis & Design
- Web Design
- Procedural Programming
- Information Systems in Organisations
- Digital Image Creation and Development
- Quality Systems in IT
- Data Analysis and Design
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Networking Security
- Local Area Networking Technologies
- E-commerce Strategy
- Web Creation and Management
The course will also develop a broad range of transferable skills, which include communicating, team work, planning & organising, problem solving, IT skills and numerical techniques.