4 GCSEs grades A*-C including English and science or a relevant Level 2 qualification at merit and above including knowledge of anatomy and physiology for sport.
Students will study up to 19 units over 2 years (10 units in year 1 and 9 units in year 2) which will include the following modules:
- Principals of anatomy and physiology in sport
- The physiology of fitness
- Fitness training and programming
- Sports coaching
- Sports development
- Fitness testing for sport and exercise
- Work experience in sport.
You will also have the opportunity as part of this course to achieve the Central YMCA Level 2 Fitness Instructor Award, as well as various Level 1 coaching certificates (at an additional cost).