|Campus setting||Contact the university / college|
|Living cost||Contact the university / college|
|Student population||Contact the university / college|
|International students||Contact the university / college|
About Glyndwr University
Facilities are vast and diverse in the main campus
- Over 70 lecture theatres, seminar rooms and conference suites
- A £5m Centre for the Creative Industries. Set-up to support the courses in art, music, journalism, media, TV, film and theatre. Also home to BBC Cymru Wales in North East Wales.
- Private working day nursery and university research centre all in one, the Centre for the Child, Family and Society. The centre was commissioned by the Welsh Government to transform childcare education in Wales.
- Community radio station Calon FM
- The Glyndŵr University Racecourse Stadium. Home to Wrexham FC and the North Wales Crusaders rugby league team.
- The Cent. The student bar is housed within the stadium and opened in 2012 following a major refurbishment.
- An art gallery. Oriel Sycharth Gallery features rolling exhibitions from local and international artists.
- Concert venues. The 800-seat, historic William Aston Hall is the home of major shows and touring acts; the Catrin Finch Centre features smaller gigs and student performances and doubles up as a conference facility.
- Chinese Medicine Clinic. The clinic is open to the public and allows our complementary therapy students to get a taste of the working world in their field.
- Science discovery centre Techniquest Glyndŵr
- Second Language Learning Centre
- Terry Hands Studio, a performing arts space used primarily by our theatre and TV students
Glyndŵr University's main campus is located on the edge of Wrexham.
The town is the gateway to the green countryside and beautiful coastline of North Wales.
Travel by rail
The nearest railway stations are:
- Wrexham General: 5 minutes walk from Glyndŵr University
- Wrexham Central: 10 minutes walk from Glyndŵr University
- Chester: about 20 minutes away by car/taxi
Travel from airports
Glyndŵr University is only a 45 minute car/taxi journey away from both Manchester International and Liverpool airports.
Student Village, the on-campus residences at Plas Coch Campus, is a perfect blend of quality and affordability which has made it the most popular accommodation.
When these features are combined with its location, across the road from the Edward Llwyd Centre (which contains our library, IT and Student Services departments), it is the ideal accommodation for undergraduates in their first year of study.
- 208 single rooms, divided into 7 blocks
- In the blocks, rooms are in flats of 5/6 and have shared kitchen and dining facilities
- All rooms have en-suite bathrooms including a sink, mirror, shower and toilet
- Wired internet connection points are available in all bedrooms
- There are 8 adapted rooms for less-able bodied students and 2 rooms for carers if required
- Located centrally in Student Village is the accommodation services office. A member of the accommodation team is based here and can provide you with information and help you with any problems.
- All blocks are protected by 24-hour CCTV camera coverage and 24-hour security staff coverage
- Coin-operated laundry facilities can be found opposite Accommodation Services office
- Payphones can be found throughout Student Village and the Plas Coch Campus
- Car Parking is available on campus
Wrexham Village offers unrivalled student accommodation. The two purpose built accommodation buildings are owned and run by Wrexham Village Ltd and offer 323 en suite bedrooms divided into 6, 7 and 8 living quarters that share a fully equipped communal kitchen and living area; perfect for relaxing and socialising with fellow students, friends and colleagues.
- High quality en suite bedrooms
- Fully furnished communal living areas with flat screen TVs
- WiFi & Internet connection points in all the bedrooms & living areas
- Secured swipe card access into the buildings
- 24 hour security/staff and maintenance on site
- Widespread CCTV on both buildings - internal and external coverage
- Secured car parking (limited and subject to availability)
- On site, coin operated laundry facilities
- Secured bike shelter
- Walking distance to all essential travel and commute routes
Courses available 10Agriculture Studies 2 Architecture, Building 1 Business, Management 1 English Language 1 Health and Medicine 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 2 Mass Communication & Media 2 Sports Science 1
Be the first one!