About this course
- You submit a portfolio of writing, published or unpublished, of recent creative work. This must be no more than ten pages long typed at 11pt. in any literary genre, including prose (fiction or non-fiction), poetry, playscript or screenplay. We also require two satisfactory references. You will then be interviewed by members of the MA Writing team.
Note: Applications will be considered throughout the year for entry in September of any academic year. Selection for a place on the course is based on your work and your interview.
- Reading into Writing (compulsory, 30 credits)
- Final Project (Compulsory, 60 credits)
Optional Modules (choose 3):
- Fiction: devising and improving short stories and novels (30 credits)
- Creative nonfiction: shaping and writing real life stories (30 credits)
- Screenwriting: adapting and presenting stories for the screen (30 credits)
- Scripting and Staging: (30 credits)
- 21st-century Poetry: the writing and design of contemporary poetry (30 credits).