For undergraduate courses
Non-Year 12 entry
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification (including diplomas, advanced diplomas, associate degrees and degrees). Additional performance criteria and prerequisite requirements may also apply.
- Students admitted to the course with prior tertiary studies that satisfy part of the academic requirements of this course may be eligible for academic credit.
- Applicants without a formal qualification but with significant and relevant work experience and appropriate English language skills, or a suitable Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) result, will be considered if they can demonstrate that they can undertake the course with a reasonable prospect of success.
- The University may determine selection criteria and restrictions in respect of courses to apply in addition to these entry requirements.
Year 12 entry
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent, such as an interstate or international Year 12 qualification.
- Applicants must meet the associated minimum ATAR score
- Units 3 and 4 – a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL
*Additional entry requirements for the Bachelor of Design With a Major in Communication Design programme:
Non-Year 12 entry
- Submission of a professional portfolio that sufficiently demonstrates an understanding of the practical and theoretical aspects of visual communication design is required. Please note the technology requirements for this course.
- Units 3 and 4 – a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL and a study score of at least 20 in either Art, Interactive Digital Media, Media, Product Design and Technology, Studio Arts or Visial Communication.
- A portfolio of work and a certified statement of results will be required.
For postgraduate courses
Master of Business Administration
- A Completed AQF level 7 Bachelor Degree or above in Business or Commerce, or
- Completed Graduate Certificate/ Graduate Diploma of Business Administration.
Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
- A completed AQF level 7 Bachelor Degree or above in any Discipline, or
- Resume showing work experience at managerial level - Minimum 3 years
Graduate Diploma of Psychology
- Completed an undergraduate qualification
- English language requirements: Swinburne University English for Academic Purposes Certificate: EAP 5 Advanced: 70%; OR, obtaining a minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0; OR, a TOEFL (Paper-based) minimum score of 550 (with Test of Written English (TWE) score of 5); OR, a TOEFL (Internet-based) minimum score of 79, with no individual band below 18; OR, equivalent levels of English language proficiency using other English language tests or measures as approved by the Senior DVC & Provost.