January March September
Tuition fee (local)
Tuition fee (foreign)
Information not available
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- All ESL (English as a Second Language) applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English with an IELTS score of 6.5, or completion of a recognized Degree or Diploma or equivalent in any discipline from an English speaking country.
- In addition, all students are required to undertake an intake test to demonstrate adequate competency in both English and LOTE (Language Other Than English - Chinese) as part of the enrolment process.
- This program has been designed to be delivered through classroom based delivery and students must have the ability to attend the scheduled sessions as per the timetable.
- Students are to be informed of the timetable on enrolment and must maintain the required student contact hours.
- Negotiate translating and interpreting assignments
- Prepare to translate and interpret
- Analyse texts to be translated (LOTE)
- Demonstrate written language proficiency in different subjects and cultural contexts
- Quality assure translations
- Apply codes and standards to professional judgement
- Translate special purpose texts from English to LOTE
- Translate special purpose texts from LOTE to English
- Maintain and enhance professional practice
- Prepare translated transcripts
- Apply theories to translating and interpreting work practices