About Perdana University
Malaysia is at the cusp of achieving Developed Nation status. The development of first-class human capital is key to achieving this prized position among nations. The National Higher Education Strategic Plan underspins development of first class Human Capital. Malaysia's Economic Transformation Program, the nations road map for achieving high income economy, a key benchmark in achieving Developed Nation status identifies Education and Healthcare among the 12 Key economic Areas that will thrust the economy into one based on knowledge and information. Perdana University, a Public-Private Partnership (PPP), was founded in 2011 to contribute to this grand vision. Perdana University is a PPP between Unit Kerjasama Awam Swasta (UKAS), in the Prime Ministers Department (A public body) and Academic Medical Centre Sdn Bhd (AMC), a private entity. This strong partnership is committed to delivering programmes of exceptional quality to internationally recognised academic standards. The programmes meet the requirements of both the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) as well as relevant professional bodies. As part of the continuous improvement process and to remain relevant to the real world challenges, the university places emphasis in regularly consulting experts in the relevant fields to provide feedback on the programmes. The University, through its illustrious faculty has secured numerous research grants from various national institutions to spearhead research in areas such as Cardiovascular, Diabetes, Cancer, CNS disorder, HPV vaccine and Avian influenza A. Like the flame symbolised in its logo, Perdana University represents the beginning of an exciting educational endeavour that aims to remain current and energetic whilst pursuing the future.
Perdana University and The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland share a special and strong relationship. This collaboration has brought about benefits in teaching and learning that contributes greatly to experience of the students.
The following reasons set this programme apart from others in Malaysia and in region:
- The PU-RCSI programme is the only 5-year Irish medical programme completed wholly in Malaysia with
- the majority of the academic team (leads) being from Ireland.
- The programme fulfils the World Federation of Medical Education standards and confers the primary
- degrees of the National University of Ireland (NUI), Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery in the Art
- of Obstetrics (MB BCh BAO); and awards the licentiates of the Royal College of Physicians in Ireland and
- the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (LRCP & S(I)).
- Students learn via an innovative approach to building effective communication and clinical skills, first
- from simulated patients, and later from real patients and their families in both hospital and community
- The programme accords an affordable tuition fee - less than half of what it would cost doing the
- programme in Ireland/ England/ Australia.
Perdana University Partnership with UC San Diego
It is with great pleasure that Perdana University announces our partnership with the University of California, San Diego (UC San ...
Preview to Perdana University Master of International Trade Programme
It gives us great pleasure to introduce to you the Master of International Trade (MIT) awarded by Perdana University - ...
Some Random Courses
Let's see what you may also consider
Duration4 yearsIntakesApr SepTuition fee (entire course)LocalMYR 80,000InternationalMYR 80,000
Duration12 monthsIntakesMay SepTuition fee (entire course)LocalMYR 45,000InternationalMYR 45,000
Duration5 yearsIntakesSepTuition fee (entire course)Local-International-