|Living cost||USD 360 per month|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
About Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Campus
The Putrajaya Campus is built on a 4.8 acre site on a stunning lakeside location. The iconic building design concept is based on the theme of ‘hidden treasures’ denoting the idea of the campus as a treasure within the landscape, revealed by the living grass roof. The site is in a fantastic green area, part of Putrajaya Lake’s ‘green continuum’ and the building is designed as a conscious gesture. It is planned that the campus will be awarded Green Building Index (GBI) certification.
The campus has been developed with the current generation of students in mind. There are student meeting rooms as well as student common rooms throughout the campus giving students space to relax and socialise. The two-storey library has been designed to cater for the different learning styles and preferences of students. Quiet study rooms have been provided for individual study while group study and discussion areas are provided for collaborative learning. The 365 room is provided for students who wish to study late on campus and basic kitchen facilities are available. This room is security and CCTV monitored. Overlooking the lake and the promenade is the University cafeteria. A bakery, coffee shop, book shop, convenience store and other retail outlets are planned.
The Putrajaya campus is just 40 kilometres from Malaysia's capital, Kuala Lumpur. The campus has excellent access to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (about 20 minutes away) and is also close to the main rail link. Rail travel time from central Kuala Lumpur to Putrajaya is 30 minutes. The following public buses and the KLIA Express travels between Kuala Lumpur to Putrajaya Sentral, the main bus and express rail station at Putrajaya.
- E1: Central Market Kuala Lumpur to Putrajaya Sentral
- E429: Shaftsbury Square to Putrajaya Sentral
From Putrajaya Sentral, one of the following public buses or the campus shuttle bus will bring students to the campus and the student accommodation. The campus shuttle bus travels between Putrajaya Sentral, the campus and student accommodation. The shuttle bus is provided by the university free of charge. Students will need to produce Heriot-Watt University identification card when boarding the bus.
- L04: Putrajaya Sentral to PICC (near HWUM campus)
- S02: Putrajaya Sentral to HWUM (enroute to MOE)
- N04: Putrajaya Sentral to HWUM (enroute to MOE)
- Campus shuttle bus: Cyberjaya (student accommodation to HWUM campus)
Off-campus student accommodation options are provided in Cyberjaya, about 10km or 15 minutes’ drive from Putrajaya. More accommodation options are being introduced to give students a range of options.
Shaftsbury Residences, Cyberjaya
- Shaftsbury Residences is a residential property in Cyberjaya, approximately 7km from the campus, connected to Shaftsbury Square retail development with banks, cafes, restaurants and stores. It offers studio units, single or twin sharing rooms, which are furnished and fitted with kitchenette, air-conditioning and solar-powered hot water. It has a gym, swimming pool, spa and laundrette.
The Arc, Cyberjaya
- The Arc is a student accommodation development approximately 7km from the campus, which caters to students from universities in the vicinity. Their three bedroom units, which can be single or twin sharing rooms, all have a lounge and equipped kitchenette. The Arc also has a gym, swimming pool and laundrette. Each residence has a warden who is there to help students settle in and sort out any problems along the way.