|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Academia International
Academia has facilities on campus in the centre of Melbourne including:
- Fully equipped and spacious class rooms
- English as a second language classrooms
- Computer labs
- Games Development and Digital Arts Lab
- Commercial Kitchens
- Patisserie (sugar and chocolate) Kitchen
- Bakery Kitchen
- Hairdressing Salon
- Beauty Therapy lab
- Common room
- And much more
Situated in the geographical centre of Melbourne Australia, our students enjoy being in the midst of Melbourne's Central Shopping, Entertainment, Restaurant and Business district. Twice voted as the most liveable city in the World, Melbourne is Australia's capital of food, fashion and entertainment. With clubs and bars, central markets, main tourist district, fashion stores, restaurants and much more all within walking distance from our college. Being one of the most multicultural cities in the world, local and international students are made to feel welcome.
Academia College will gladly assist in finding suitable accommodation. It cannot however, enter into agreements with Real Estate Agents or householders on your behalf.
Homestay involves the student living with an Australian family. Rooms may be single or shared and cost will vary accordingly.
- First Day: Host Families take the student and explain the directions to Academia prior to, or on the first day. Host Families assist with timetables, purchasing tickets, train, tram and bus numbers and stops.
- Illness: Host families assist the student if medical/dental appointments are required. Students will receive their Health Cover card on average within three weeks of their induction day. Please advise the student they may still go to the doctor (even without their health cover card) keep the receipt, and then claim their expenses once they receive their card.
- Bedroom: The student's room is to have a comfortable bed, wardrobe, linen, a desk, desk lamp and a chair. The Homestay family also provides towels.
- Meals: The Homestay provides three meals a day. Lunch may be a packed, cut lunch consisting of a sandwich, fruit and drink, or other food if the student prefers. The students may prefer to buy their own lunch.
- Toiletries: Students supply their own shampoo and toothpaste. Soap and toilet paper are to be provided by the Homestay.
- Laundry: The Homestay is required to do the washing for the student. The student is responsible for their ironing if they are over eighteen years old. High school students require a clean white shirt each day for school. Linen should be changed once a week.
- Cleaning: The students are responsible for keeping their rooms clean and tidy.
- Cost: approx $1,600 per 4 weeks ($290/week) for a single room (non shared) plus $10/week internet use plus a one off placement fee of $200.
Advertisements on student noticeboards and in sections of the local newspapers will appear for one or more people to share a house or flat, often where a lease has already been taken out. This often suits students once they have been in the country for a while and are comfortable with their new country's living arrangements. Cost $150+ per week.
As with share accommodation, units, flats, single bedsitters and even houses, are available through Real Estate Agents. These are normally unfurnished. One month's rent in advance may be charged plus a bond (or security deposit) prior to signing a lease agreement. Cost: $250+ per week.
Courses available 10Accounting and Finance 2 Beauty and Personal Care 2 Business and Management 2 Education and Teaching 1 Hotel Management & Hospitality 3
Be the first one!