Rolling news coverage: EU Referendum
15 Jun 2016
14 June 2016 -
Keep up to date with Kent's experts as they provide new insights and perspectives on key Referendum issues for UK and international media.
Recent selected coverage includes:
- ‘Combative Brexiter who took control of Vote Leave operation ‘ – Professor Matthew Goodwin’s comments on campaign events in The Financial Times
- ‘Brexit and the undecided voter ‘ – Professor Matthew Goodwin’s comments on polling in The Hindu
- Professor Richard Whitman on Daily Politics commenting on migration (available here at 8 minutes)
- Professor Matthew Goodwin on BBC Newsnight commenting on voting (available here at 5 minutes)
- USA Today and Chicago Sun-times – U.K.’s Cameron: Brexit would ‘put a bomb under our economy’ – Professor Matthew Goodwin
- Professor Mathew Goodwin’s comments on Brexit polls in The Business Times , Bangkok Post and Yahoo News .
- ‘U.K. Using Mild Humor to Ramp Up Referendum Turnout’ – Professor Matthew Goodwin in the Wall Street Journal
- Professor Matthew Goodwin’s comments on UKIP picked up in News Week and RT .
- ‘Massive generational divide marks ‘Brexit’ debate’ – Professor Richard Whitman in USA Today
- Professor Matthew Goodwin in the Financial Times – Battle over Brexit targets Conservative voters and in The Australian – UK pollsters face own referendum as Brexit vote looms
- ‘In the ground war for the June 23 referendum, the Remain camp is making smarter choices and reaching more voters’. Read Professor Matthew Goodwin’s article in Politico
- Professor Matthew Goodwin’s study on campaign events in The Economist .
- Professor Matthew Goodwin’s comments picked up in various French national press including Le Matin , Le Point , L’Express and RFI .
- The Sun – ‘Blow for Leave supporters as figures show Remain is winning the Brexit ground war’ – Professor Matthew Goodwin.
- The Telegraph – ‘EU Referendum: 30 MPs and peers demand government removes pro-EU websites by end of week’ – Professor Matthew Goodwin
- Bloomberg – ‘Europe’s Troubles Pile Up at Home as Leaders Cross Globe for G-7′ , ‘U.K. Pro-EU Campaign Asks Gove to Show Economic Case for Brexit’ and ‘Net Migration to U.K. Rises to Near Peak, Adding to Brexit Mix’ – comments from Professor Matthew Goodwin
- The Telegraph reports on ‘leading academic guru on the polls and data surrounding the EU referendum’ Professor Matthew Goodwin’s speech at Chatham House on 25 May
- Professor Richard Whitman quoted in Les Echos
Previous selected coverage includes:
- Dr Adrian Pabst on BBC Sunday Politics SE (available here at 46 minutes), on voter engagement
- Professor Richard Whitman, writing for Kent On Sunday (p 20) , looks at how to find clear answers to issues on Referendum debate
- Professor Matthew Goodwin in The Sun: now ‘It’s all about mobilisation rather than persuasion’
- Professor Richard Whitman on the Big question: Will there be a second EU referendum? – Prospect Magazine
- Opinion polls and the Referendum – Professor Matthew Goodwin comment in City A.M .
- Dr Toni Haastrup asks Is it really that difficult to find women to talk about the EU Referendum? – LSE Impact Blog
- Professor Richard Whitman addresses what’s at stake in the referendum for the UK’s foreign and security policy for Belgian’s Egmont Royal Institute for International Relations
- “UK’s referendum is playing havoc with the timetable to further deepen security and defence co-operation within the EU ” says Professor Richard Whitman in The Times Redbox
- What Future For The UK Outside The EU? – Op ed by Professor Richard Whitman in Eurasia Review
- Read Professor Richard Whitman’s article for Public Finance on Security in the EU referendum debate
- Professor Matthew Goodwin’s research referenced in Reuters syndicated article ‘English malaise stirs yearning for divorce from European Union’. Includes coverage in: New York Times , The Mail Online , Yahoo! India , The West Australian , Channel NewsAsia and Philly.com
- Politico.eu – Professor Matthew Goodwin – 5 ways David Cameron wins Brexit referendum
- Professor Richard Whitman’s comments on Obama and the Brexit debate picked up by the Mail Online, State of the State KS , The Straits Times , The Daily Chappaqua and Huewire News
- ITV – Professor Richard Whitman – Finding the facts: The truth behind referendum claims on EU borders and security
- “…if overall turnout is 50-55%, Brexit may well win ” – Professor Matthew Goodwin in The Economist
- FT – ‘Enthusiasm gap’ could lead to Brexit – Professor Matthew Goodwin
- Kent on Sunday – Legal impact of a possible Brexit – David Radlett
- Newsweek Europe – Will David Cameron’s Crises Boost Brexit? – Professor Matthew Goodwin
- EurActiv.com – Why the UK Labour Party holds the key to Britain’s EU referendum – article by Dr Adrian Pabst
- Referendum, What Referendum? – Professor Matthew Goodwin contributes to an article in The Economist
- Politico.eu – Professor Matthew Goodwin – Brussels attacks change Brexit climate
- Expatica Netherlands – Professor Matthew Goodwin – ‘Project Fear’ stalks Britain’s EU Referendum campaign
- Kent on Sunday – Christopher Rootes, Professor of Environmental Politics and Political Sociology – EU referendum: a changing climate
- The Times Red Box – ‘Where’s the poll bounce Mr Cameron? ‘ – Professor Matthew Goodwin
- Financial Times – ‘All is not well among the UKIP leader’s flock ‘ – Professor Matthew Goodwin
- Wall Street Journal – ‘Rivalries in the leave camp don’t appear to have hurt their backing in opinion polls ‘ – Professor Matthew Goodwin
- Professor Matthew Goodwin (syndicated) – “Labour support risks Cameron’s Brexit campaign ” – Digital Journal, EU Business, Yahoo!, GlobalPost, France24, MSB Germany, The West Australian
- Dr Fragkiskos Filippaios, Reader in International Business, in Kent on Sunday – a look at the impact the referendum could have on business
- Kent on Sunday – Dr Heejung Chung, Senior Lecturer in Sociology and Social Policy – “the pros and cons for workers’ rights”
By Gary Hughes