About this course
The Podiatry with Independent Prescribing programme is for practising podiatrists wanting to build on their skills and knowledge, advance their professional practice, and earn a further professional and academic qualification.
A range of optional modules means you can create your own study programme to suit your professional or personal aspirations, and includes the opportunity to blend podiatry with related disciplines.
You will learn from expert lecturers who are all active members of the SCP. This ensures that both the team and the curriculum stay up to date with podiatry policy and practice.
Note: Please contact us directly for exact tuition fees and for information on the funding available for this course.
- have an appropriate honours degree qualification in podiatry or a related subject. We may consider offering you a place if you do not have a first degree but do hold a diploma qualification.
- normally have had at least three years of clinical experience.be registered as a podiatrist with the HCPC.
- be professionally practising in an environment where it has been identified that there is a need for you to regularly use independent prescribing.
- be able to demonstrate support from your employer or sponsor, including confirmation that for the duration of the course you will have appropriate supervised practice in the clinical area in which you are expected to prescribe.
- have an agreement with an approved medical practitioner, who should normally be recognised by your employer as having experience in a relevant field of practice and has had training and experience in the supervision, support and assessment of trainees. Your approved medical practitioner should agree to provide opportunities to develop your competencies in prescribing, and to supervise, support and assess you during your clinical placement.
- be able to show clearly documented evidence that you have appropriate background knowledge and experience and have the ability to study at academic level 6, or level 7 if you choose this option.