- GCSE English ‘C’ or equivalent (without this you will be asked to complete a literacy test) and a minimum of 32 UCAS points to include either: Art and Design Foundation, a relevant Access to HE course, a level 3 (Nat Dip, NVQ) award in a related subject, or at least one A2 level in a related subject.
- Overseas learners can send evidence of qualifications (IELTS 6), work experience, and portfolio electronically (or by post) to the Programme Lead. Following receipt of this work an interview by phone will be conducted.
- We welcome applications from adults who do not match the standard entry requirements but who can demonstrate experience and a commitment to studying this subject at university level.
There is a strong focus on work based learning and the course covers a broad spectrum of footwear industry-related topics. You will study the following modules:
- Footwear fashion and design
- Production technology
- Footwear buying
- Supply and management skills
- Style prediction and marketing strategies
- Manufacturing technology
- Professional development and Product design and development.
These are assessed through practical and written assignments. The course offers an opportunity to take part in competitions and 'live briefs'.