About this course
The University of Brighton is one of the UK's largest teacher training universities, rated ‘outstanding’ in our last Ofsted inspection.
This course leads to the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) for the 11–16 age range which enables you to be employed as a qualified teacher in secondary schools in England and Wales. The course also offers enrichment opportunities to teach the 16–18 age phase.
The programme would be suitable if you have graduated with a good honours degree or equivalent in a subject directly relevant to dance.
Studying with us, you will have access to excellent resources and will gain practical experience in two schools. You will be mentored by a successful teaching team with an outstanding national reputation and comprehensive research profile that informs course content.
Specialising in dance at PGCE level means that you will be able to take a role in the leadership and development of this subject area throughout your career.
Students on this course can choose to progress to one of our Education MAs after completing the PGCE.
Degree and/or experience:
- Degree (2:1 or higher) directly relevant to subject specialism.
- Minimum grade C in English language and mathematics.
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate recent and relevant experience of children in secondary schools and understanding of what it is to be a teacher.
- Candidates are required to attend an interview in person at our Eastbourne campus.
English Language Requirement:
- IELTS 7.0 in all elements.