About this course
The 90-credit/Extended Diploma in Agriculture is designed for people who would like to enter the world of farming in a supervisory or craftsman role or to move on to further study at university. It covers all the main aspects of modern farming, including business management, machinery, livestock and crop production.
- You need to be highly motivated and demonstrate a keen interest in your chosen subject.
- You will need:
- a minimum of four GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and/or Maths
- an Intermediate Diploma in the chosen subject to a Merit or Distinction standard, including English and/or Maths
- If you are a mature learner, we may be able to take into consideration your previous experience in your chosen subject. All applicants will be interviewed, will undertake an initial assessment in English and maths, and must present an example of current work.
- To progress to Year 2 of this course, you will be required to obtain a Pass grade or above during your first year.