About this course
- Equips and prepares students to work in the catering industry and develops their intellectual and professional competencies to meet the industry's demand for professional work attitude, and classic western cuisine and fine dining focused techniques
- Enables students to master classic French culinary techniques and adapt them worldwide as recognised accolade for career development in hotel, restaurant and catering industries
- Provides a unique learning experience aimed at enhancing technical skills and stimulating creativity with an emphasis on hands-on learning
Applicants with academic qualifications obtained in secondary or tertiary institutions outside Hong Kong will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
IGCSE, GCE, International Baccalaureate (IB) or other overseas qualifications which are comparable with the required levels of the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education will be accepted.
IELTS overall score at 5 or equivalent.
Year 1 :
- Classic Cuisine and Culture
- Nouvelle French Cuisine
- French Pastry
- Artisan Bread
- Northern European Cuisine
- Fundamentals in Cooking
- Wine & Spirits Fundamentals
- Work Integrated Learning / Industry Attachment *
Year 2 :
- Sustainable Gastronomy
- Modern Cold Preparations
- Kitchen Management
- Fundamentals in Butchery
- Foundations of Hospitality Superior Service
- Vocational English and Putonghua
* Depending on the job nature, availability and suitability, Work Integrated Learning / Industry Attachment in a fine dining establishment either local or international will be arranged at an appropriate time during the period of study.