- Official transcripts of all collegel evel work completed, and indication of degree conferral;
- Three Reference Report Forms from supervisors and/or professional peers of which one must be from a supervisor that attests to the applicant’s potential as a building administrator;
- Evidence of licensure for a role in the public/private schools and at least one year of accredited experience. Please note the Kansas State Department of Education requires 5 years accredited experience in order to qualify for a building leadership license;
- A resume or curriculum vita of educational and professional experience;
- A brief statement of professional goals related to completion of the master’s degree and/or licensure as a public school administrator;
- A letter signed by a building principal indicating he or she is willing to serve as the student’s mentor and will allow the student to fulfill the practicum requirements of the program.
The MEd in educational leadership program is a 33 credit hour non-thesis program. Students pursuing licensure as building leaders must complete this program in its entirety. A comprehensive written examination is required. In addition to program completions, passing the State of Kansas required Praxis II Test is a requirement for state licensure.