About this course
The MEd in educational leadership program is a unique preparation program utilizing an inquiry approach while engaging students in an intensive practica experiences. The inquiry emphasis is designed to prepare future principals in a broad array of educational settings with all coursework taught by faculty and practicing school district leaders. The program features 12 hours of practica under the supervision of a leadership mentor (usually a building principal) in which students engage in a variety of leadership opportunities and activities.
- Official transcripts of all collegel evel work completed, and indication of degree conferral;
- Three Reference Report Forms from supervisors and/or professional peers of which one must be from a supervisor that attests to the applicant’s potential as a building administrator;
- Evidence of licensure for a role in the public/private schools and at least one year of accredited experience. Please note the Kansas State Department of Education requires 5 years accredited experience in order to qualify for a building leadership license;
- A resume or curriculum vita of educational and professional experience;
- A brief statement of professional goals related to completion of the master’s degree and/or licensure as a public school administrator;
- A letter signed by a building principal indicating he or she is willing to serve as the student’s mentor and will allow the student to fulfill the practicum requirements of the program.