About this course
The Barton School of Business offers the Master of Business administration (MBA) through faculty in the accounting; economics; finance, real estate and decision sciences; management and marketing departments, as well as in other colleges of the university. The MBA program is designed to prepare men and women for responsible positions of professional leadership in business, government, health-related organizations and other institutions. The program concentrates on general management, with particular attention given to developing within the student an understanding of the organization as an integrated system. areas of concentration are available for those students wishing to focus their elective coursework in a specialized area. Concentration areas currently available are finance, entrepreneurship and innovation, health care administration, and business analytics and information management. The total hours required of students and the level at which they begin participation in the MBA program depend on their academic preparation. Students without a background in Business may be required to take up to 6 hours of undergraduate prerequisite coursework, and may also be required to complete up to nine hours of graduate-level
preparatory coursework that will count toward the degree. The total number of hours required for completion of an MBA therefore ranges from 36 to 45, depending upon the student’s background. Classes are taken for graduate credit and all of the courses are offered in the evening.
- Applicant with 3 years or more of managerial work experience, evaluated by the Office of Graduate Studies in Business;
- A WSU graduate with a GPA of 3.5 or higher in the last 60 credit hours;
- Applicant graduated with a business degree from an AACSB accredited institution with a GPA of 3.5 or higher in the last 60 credit hours;
- Applicant holds a US Master’s degree or equivalent.
- International students also are required to have a minimum score of 570 (paper-based), or 88 (Internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language, or an overall band score of 7.0 on the IELTS.